While I am on a roll recreating my favorite recipes from recent trips, I might as well give you this recipe.
It is so easy, no crazy ingredients, just a seriously delicious combination.
Ethan was wary of these and I’ll admit, I was a little concerned myself.
By the way, I’ll get my Vermont travel guide up (I promise), but until then, just know that all these small Vermont towns are so quaint and perfect. Like Stars Hollow in The Gilmore Girls.
The next time you get a hankering for nachos, whip these up. They are perfect for snacking and the unique flavors will have everyone going crazy over them!
The drizzle of spicy maple syrup, funk from the blue cheese, sharpness from the cheddar, freshness from the onions, and saltiness from the chips and bacon seriously create the most delicious nachos, EVER.
- 1 bag of Round Tortilla Chips
- 8 oz. of Sharp Vermont White Cheddar, shredded
- 4 oz. of Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 6 slices of Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup, pure
- ½ teaspoon of Chipotle Powder or Crushed Chipotle Chiles
- 1 bunch of Green Onions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to broil and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chips on first, top with cheeses, and bacon. Broil until cheeses are melted.
- Whisk the maple syrup and chipotle together.
- Remove from oven, drizzle with chipotle maple syrup and top with green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife