Is this thing on?
I had this post planned for the Friday before LABOR DAY, guys.
So, let me catch you up on some things!
I went to the lake for Labor Day, it was amazing. Then I went on the BEST trip to celebrate my mom and sister’s birthday’s. My cousin got married in an aquarium (it was awesome.) And then we moved.
Of course, with moving nothing goes as planned. We had workers here until the day we moved in and our kitchen is still being worked on (but looking like A MILLION BUCKS!) So, our house is kind of in shambles and we are waiting on a wireless booster, because slow internet just won’t do.
Busy, but happy, and this little ole blog has suffered…
We first had these hot dogs at the coolest cocktail bar in NYC, Please Don’t Tell.
I knew I could recreate these at home easily, and I was right. They are just as delicious at home. I don’t heat up a vat of oil for just anything, it has to be just THAT GOOD. And these are so worthy of it.
- 4-6 cups of Vegetable Oil
- 4 Wooden Skewers
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 slices of Bacon
- 4 Buns
- Optional Toppings: Kimchi, Ketchup, Mustard, Cheese, Chili
- Place a candy thermometer in a dutch oven. Fill the dutch oven halfway up with vegetable oil, about 6 cups.
- Heat over medium heat until the thermometer reaches 350 degrees.
- While the oil is heating, wrap the bacon tightly around the hot dog. Break the skewer in half and stick through the bacon and hotdog.
- Fry 4 at a time, for 3-5 minutes, until bacon is crispy.
- Serve on a soft bun.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife