I get so much fruit in my local produce box that I am trying to find extra ways to consume it, besides eating it.
Smoothies are a great way to get lots of fresh fruits and veggies and I have my fair share of those, but I couldn’t stop thinking of a water.
At my sister’s wedding last year in Mexico they had a variety of agua frescos in different flavors at breakfast. I knew a watermelon one would be so refreshing in this summer heat.
I got another personal watermelon today, so I am going to make another batch when I go to the pool on Sunday and I can’t wait!
- 1 Personal Watermelon, ~3 cups, rind removed
- 1½ cups of Ice
- Juice from ½ of a lime
- Optional: Sugar, Mint Sprigs, Lime Wedges
- Place the watermelon, ice, and lime juice in a high-power blender. Blend until completely smooth 2-3 minutes.
- Taste and add sugar if needed, this will depend on the sweetness of your melon, add 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Garnish with mint sprigs or lime wedges, if desired.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife