I was on the search for the perfect oatmeal butterscotch cookie recipe, each one I found had something I didn’t like about it. I started combining recipes and trying to figure out the perfect recipe, when I noticed there was a recipe on the back of the Nestle bag for the butterscotch chips. I figured that this recipe had been tested and perfected before printed on the bag and I was right.
These were perfect. Simple and classic.
- 1 cup of Butter, softened, unsalted
- ¾ cup of Sugar
- ¾ cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1¼ cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 3 cups of Old-Fashioned Oats
- 1⅔ cups of Butterscotch Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a silpat mat.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until combined and then the vanilla.
- With your stand mixer off, add the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the mixture; turn the mixer on low and mix until just incorporated.
- Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared pan.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9-10 for crispy cookies.
- Let cool on pan for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife