I am all about using the fresh summer bounty of vegetables for dinner.
This side dish could double as a dip at a party, but it really is fabulous on it’s own.
It has a delicious dressing that it marinates in that really pushes it over the top. It has the perfect balance of tart from the lime juice and sweet from the honey.
This is the perfect side dish for grilled meats, fajitas, etc, really the options are endless.
- 4 Green Onions, sliced thin
- 1 Chipotle Chile in Adobo Sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- ⅓ cup of Lime Juice, ~3 limes
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- 2 cans of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups of Corn Kernels
- 2 cups of Diced Tomatoes, fresh
- 2 Avocados, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup of Cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together the onions, chile, honey, lime juice, ½ teaspoon of salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper. Drizzle in the oil while whisking.
- Add the beans, corn, tomatoes, avocados, and cilantro and toss until combined.
- Taste and add extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve at room temperature.
- *If making ahead of time, I would leave the tomatoes and avocados out & add a few hours before and let it sit out to come to room temperature.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife