Everyone needs this perfect thick and chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe in their life.
It is perfect for when you just need a cookie. There are only 6 to a baking sheet, so that gives you an idea of the size of these!
These are sheer perfection with a glass of milk.
- ¾ cup of Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- ¾ cup of Light Brown Sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 2¼ cups of Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1¾ cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract until it is all incorporated.
- With the mixer off, add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix on low until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use ¼ cup measurement to form cookies into balls and then press down with a non-stick spray coated drinking glass to form a disc shaped cookie. Put 6 cookies on each tray.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. It will look undercooked.
- Let cool for 1 minute and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife