Living two hours from the coast has it’s major advantages.
Of course, going to the beach is high on the list, but we also have local shops here that get fresh fish driven in straight from the ocean.
Anytime I start craving fish tacos (usually in the summer), I head up to the fish market and pick whatever is freshest and looks the best.
I planned these tacos for a day after being at the pool all day and I am so glad I did. I love the crispy shrimp and the cold slaw combination.
You can make the slaw and sauce ahead of time, so all you have to do is fry the shrimp and build your tacos.
- For the Cilantro-Lime Slaw:
- 2 cups of Cole Slaw Mix
- 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise or Plain Greek Yogurt, or do ½ and ½
- Juice from 1 Lime
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped
- For the Sriracha Cream Sauce:
- 1 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of Sriracha
- For the Crispy Shrimp:
- 1 lb. of Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¾ cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- 1½ cups of Panko
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Flour Tortillas
- Combine the slaw, mayonnaise, lime juice, and salt and pepper together, cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Stir the mayonnaise and Sriracha together, cover and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Heat 2-3 inches of oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Using three shallow dishes, place the flour in one. The eggs (whisked) in the second one, and in the third one, the panko.
- Dip the shrimp in the flour, then egg, then the panko. Drop in the oil and cook for 2 minutes. Remove to paper-towel lined plates and sprinkle with salt.
- Build tacos with slaw on the bottom, shrimp, and then drizzled with the Sriracha cream sauce.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife