You know a cookie is good when someone asks you for the recipe immediately after the first cookie.
This are serious chocolate cookies and seriously amazing.
They are chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and not that hard to make.
After requests from a few different people, I knew I had to blog these cookies soon.
I will be making these for all the chocolate lovers in my life, aka, my mom. It is too hot to ship these to Texas, but I’m going to find a way to get her some.
- 1 cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons of Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons of Flour
- 3 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 tablespoons of Milk
- 1½ teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup of Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in-between, until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugars, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Once combined, add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the melted chocolate and chocolate chunks, stir to incorporate.
- Drop ¼ cup measurements onto the baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. The dough should be very sticky, use 2 spoons to help form the cookies.
- Put the first baking sheet in the oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 300 degrees. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and bake the second baking sheet.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
- Cookies will keep in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife