Summer has arrived.
I am planning my first pool day for Sunday and can. not. wait.
I crave light and refreshing meals, cold pasta salads, BLT’s, and salads with lots of fruit!
These flatbreads have officially made that list. If you feel like cranking up the grill to char the outsides, feel free, but a hot skillet works just as well.
The herbed ricotta and fresh tomatoes are the perfect topping. I can’t wait to experiment with other flavors. I think you could easily switch out tomatoes for nectarines or peaches and keep everything else the same. Yum!
- ½ cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Green Onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano, fresh
- ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 pieces of Naan
- ½ cup of Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon of Maldon Sea Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tablespoons of Basil, chiffonaded
- Combine the ricotta, oil, 1 tablespoon of green onions, oregano, and pepper in a bowl, stir to combine.
- Place the naan in a hot skillet or on a hot grill to warm on both sides and slightly char.
- Remove and smear with ricotta, top with tomatoes, sea salt, red pepper, basil, and remaining green onions.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife