I am not the biggest breakfast person, brunch? I can get behind that, but breakfast… It takes me awhile to get up and going and I leisurely drink my coffee, it takes me around an hour…
I know I should be eating breakfast and I am making healthier choices with eating, so I figured I should give eating something first thing a try, instead of waiting until my coffee makes me jittery. 🙈
These cookies taste fan-freaking-tastic. Like a no-bake cookie, made with peanut butter & bananas and then studded with blueberries and they are DYNAMITE with coffee.
Number 1: Who doesn’t love to eat a cookie for breakfast?
Number 2: I am super OBSESSED with blueberries right now, actually always, but they are fresh in NC right now.
Number 3: It makes a batch big enough for 2 weeks! That means I can just grab it in the morning & eat. No thinking required!
(They stay good for 1 week in an airtight container on the counter, if you have 2 people eating them, perfect, if you only have one you could freeze the other half or halve the recipe and make them each week.)
- 2 Bananas, ripe & mashed
- 2¼ cups of Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup of Peanut Butter, smooth
- 1 cup of Pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Blueberries, fresh
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Spoon out ¼ cup of "dough" and form a large, flat cookie. These will not spread in the oven, so how you form them is how they will look. They are large, so plan for 6 on a cookie sheet.
- Bake each batch for 20 minutes, until browned on the edges.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet.
- Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These will keep in an air-tight container on the counter for 1 week.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife