My love for pepper jack cheese and jalapeño poppers, both, goes deep.
I just love spicy foods, as you all know, and I think that poppers are just the perfect party food.
These are great for all of those summer cookouts coming up. They are easy to make a just a little different that your traditional jalapeño poppers. They are more crowd friendly, because you use a sweet pepper, and who doesn’t love grits?
My sister and her husband came in town this weekend and we took them to Biscuitville for a quick breakfast while in the car, we were reminiscing on how my mom brought up the fact that it is so cool to be able to get delicious grits, in the drive through. We both agree, grits are a Southern staple.
This is a twist on the traditional jalapeño poppers, you stuff sweet peppers with pepper jack cheese studded grits; you won’t be going back to the traditional version anytime soon!
- 1 cup of hot cooked Grits
- 1 cup of Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded, ~ 4oz.
- ½ cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove of Garlic, minced
- 18-20 Mini Sweet Peppers
- Stir together the grits, cheeses, cilantro, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat the broiler with rack 6 inches from the heat.
- Cut the peppers in half, keeping the stems intact and remove seeds. Fill each pepper half with the grit mixture using a spoon or butter knife.
- Place on broiler pan and broil for 4 minutes until browned on top.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife