Welcome to Day #5 of #BrunchWeek!
I am all about overnight items for breakfast/brunch/lunch. If I can do the work before, I always will. I am NOT a morning person, in any shape, form, or fashion.
Coffee helps, but gosh, sleep helps more.
Cue, overnight breakfast bakes. This is my all-time favorite overnight French toast bake. I love all of the flavors, it is almost custardy and has a built in syrup, no syrup necessary. I love serving it with lots of fresh fruit and bacon on the side.
- 1 stick of Butter, unsalted
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Corn Syrup
- Challah Bread Loaf
- 5 Eggs, large
- 1½ cups of Half & Half
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of Grand Marnier
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- Optional: Dixie Crystals Powdered Sugar for sprinkling & Fresh Berries for topping
- Melt the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a sauce pan of medium heat, stirring until it foams and becomes syrup-like consistency.
- Pour into the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Cut the bread into 1 inch slices and trim the crust. Fit into a single layer on top of the syrup in the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, half & half, vanilla, grand mariner, and salt. Pour on top of the bread and cover to refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Let the dish sit on the counter for 15-20. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 45-60 minutes. Bake until the edges are browned and the middle puffs up. Let the dish sit on the counter for 5 minutes and invert on a serving dish.
- Slice into pieces and sprinkle with sugar and berries, if desired.
The Barbee Housewife
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Blackberry Mint Bellinis from Sweet Beginnings
Cardamom Rose Cocktail from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Lemon & Blueberry Mocktail from Girl Abroad
Mango Pina Colada from The Spiffy Cookie
Sparkling Mojito Lime Rickies from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Cheesy Asparagus Bacon Quiche from The Nifty Foodie
Creamed Asparagus Omelet from Wholistic Woman
Eggs in Hell from kimchi MOM
Asparagus and Cheddar Frittata from My Catholic Kitchen
Spring Veggie Quiche from A Day in the Life on the Farm
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cheddar Cream Cheese Danish from Amy’s Cooking Adventures
Apple Cinnamon Bread from It Bakes Me Happy
Gluten Free Apple Waffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
Banana Bread Buttermilk Pancakes from Love and Confections
Blackberry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls from Pink Cake Plate
Brown Sugar Poptarts from Big Bear’s Wife
Creme Brulee French Toast from The Barbee Housewife
Cherry Almond Coffee Cake from The Chef Next Door
Cheddar Dinner Rolls from Family Around the Table
Cinnamon Apple Danish from Nik Snacks
Garlic and Herb Pull Apart Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake from Books n’ Cooks
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Country Ham Biscuits with Peach Mustard from Palatable Pastime
Ham, Apple and Cheddar Melts from Cookaholic Wife
Shaved Asparagus, Herb Cream Cheese, and Smoked Salmon Pizza from Sarcastic Cooking
Yumbo Sliders from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Rhubarb Crunch from Cooking with Carlee
This recipe is intended for individuals ages 21 & up. Please drink responsibly. Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Nielsen-Massey, Rainier Fruit, and Michigan Asparagus for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.