Spinach & artichoke dip is one of my guiltiest pleasures. I get super excited when we go out to a sports bar to watch a football game, because I know that spinach & artichoke dip will be my dinner.
I NEVER make it at home. Ethan doesn’t like it and my control around a hot bubbly dip would be so low.
I was seriously craving this dip and had the idea to stuff it in a chicken breast to make it a semi-healthy dinner. It was the best idea, EVER! You could serve this over pasta, but I loved it plain. I ate it with a side of fresh, sliced tomatoes and seriously loved it.
This was a super quick dinner. It would have taken me less time if I wasn’t filming it on Snapchat (jcbarbee) & InstaStories (thebarbeehousewife), but even with my filming, it was under 30 minutes.
- 4 Chicken Breast, boneless & skinless
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of Paprika
- 4 oz. of Spinach, fresh
- 4 oz. of Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of Pepper
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 14 oz. can of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the salt, pepper, and paprika. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken. Slice a pocket in the chicken breast, do not cut all the way through.
- Place the spinach in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, remove and place in a paper towel, squeeze out all of the excess moisture. Place in back in dry bowl and combine with cream cheese, yogurt, parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Chop (or place in a food processor) the garlic & artichoke hearts and add to the mixture.
- Place ~2 tablespoons of the mixture into each chicken breast.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side. Move to a oven safe pan and bake for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife