Avocado + Bacon + Chicken= ABC , it’s like a BLT, but not.
Anywho, summer is on it’s way/basically here, so I love to eat lots of salads for lunch and dinner. And you know my feelings on salads, they need have ALL the yummy ingredients.
I noticed that a ton of people order honey mustard with their salad and I seriously have NEVER done that before. It was actually what made me want to try this salad. The honey mustard was dynamite with this salad it was so perfect with the salty bacon.
- For the Dressing:
- ⅓ cup of Honey
- 3 tablespoons of Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of Pepper
- For the Salad:
- 4 Chicken Breast Cutlets
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of Cooked Bacon Bits
- 4 cups of Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of Corn Kernels
- ¼ of a Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Avocado, pitted & sliced
- Whisk together the honey, mustards, olive oil, garlic, and salt & pepper together. Pour half of the dressing in a ziplock bag; cover reserve the other half in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken in the ziplock bag. Marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
- Toss half of the salad dressing with the bacon, romaine leaves, cherry tomatoes, corn, red onion, in a large bowl. Separate into 4 bowls. Top with avocado and sliced chicken. Drizzle remaining dressing on top.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife