I have never had chicken parmesan, but I love eggplant parmesan. As soon as I saw the recipe for these chicken parmesan meatballs, I knew they would be a winner in my house.
We love meatballs. They are easy to make, you can prep ahead of time, and they freeze really well.
These are stuffed with cheese that gets perfectly melty and provides the satisfying stretch of cheese when you take a bite. You can eat these plain or serve them over zoodles/pasta, both ways are amazing!
If you have problems getting the cheese to stuff into the meatballs, put the cheese into the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- 1 lb. of Ground Chicken
- ½ cup of Parmesan, grated
- ⅓ cup of Bread Crumbs
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ teaspoon of Salt
- ¾ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon of Oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon of Parsley, dried
- Mini Mozzarella Balls, ~12-15
- ½ cup of Flour
- ½ cup of Olive Oil
- 1 jar of Marinara Sauce
- Optional: Fresh Basil Leaves, Extra Parmesan Cheese, Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine, with your hands, the chicken, parmesan, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, pepper, red pepper, oregano, and parsley. Roll into golf-ball sized balls, you should have 12-15.
- Flaten the meatball in your hand, place the mini mozzarella ball in the center and form the meatball around the cheese. Place on a plate and stuff the rest with cheese. Roll each ball into the flour, making sure there is no excess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meatballs, in batches, for 3-4 minutes, turning often to get all of the sides browned. Remove to a clean plate when done browning.
- Add the marinara sauce to the skillet and place the browned meatballs on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Top with torn basil leaves, extra cheese, salt and pepper, if desired.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife