I love salads with ALL THE TOPPINGS, as you know.
Sometimes the chopping gets a little tedious and a simple salad with homemade croutons, delicious chicken, and a spicy dressing gets it done!
This delicious twist to a Caesar salad is one that I know I will be coming back to again, and again.
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 slices of Sandwich Bread, hearty, torn into bite-sized pieces, ~4 cups
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless, ~6 oz. each
- ¾ cup of Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Lime Juice
- 3 Romaine Hearts, 18 oz., cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ripe Avocado, pitted and sliced
- Combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt, and bread in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Place bread crumbs in a large skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Remove to a bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the large skillet. Cook the chicken for ~6 minutes on each side until the chicken registers at 165 degrees and the juices run clear. Move to a cutting board to let rest.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, add the salad dressing, chipotle chiles, and lime juices. Process until smooth.
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and toss croutons and dressing. Separate lettuce into 4 bowls, top with sliced chicken, and ¼ an avocado.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife