Risotto has been a favorite of mine to eat and to make. This isn’t risotto, but I am pretty sure you could fool almost anyone.
It takes the constant stirring out and lets the oven do the work and then you stir in the wine, cheese, and extras at the end.
I have made this recipe, so many times. I am shocked that it is just now gracing the blog. It’s one of those easy, go-to recipes, that I make over and over.
Feel free to add any additions to the end, the recipe calls for peas, which I love, but my husband doesn’t. Green onions also provide a little bite and crunch factor.
- 5 cups of Chicken Stock, divided
- 1½ cups of Arborio Rice
- 1 cup of Parmesan Cheese, grated
- ½ cup of White Wine
- 3 tablespoons of Butter
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black Salt
- Optional: 1 cup of Frozen Peas or Green Onions for the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place stock in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the rice and 4 cups of stock to a dutch oven, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add remaining cup of stock, wine, butter, salt & pepper, and peas, if using. Stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted and everything is combined.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife