This is one of those recipes that you make so much you memorize it.
Salmon is a go-to around our house, we usually have it at least once a week. I have tried so many different versions, while this version will always be Ethan’s favorite, this new one is mine.
The skin gets super crispy from searing it and baking it skin-side up. I had never cooked salmon this way, but Chrissy Teigan said to trust her, so I did. And now I am telling you guys to trust her. It was perfectly cooked.
- 4 Salmon Fillets, 6 oz., skin-on
- Kosher Salt & Black Pepper
- ⅔ cup of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sambal Oelek
- 2 tablespoons of Large Grain Mustard
- Arrange your oven rack, 4-6 inches from the broiler and turn on high.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chili sauce, sambal oelek, and mustard. Pour into a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. When the sauce starts to bubble, put the salmon in the pan, skin-side up. Cook for 2 minutes then transfer to the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and move the salmon to serving platter. Return the skillet to the stove and add ¼ cup of water. Scrape up all the bits as the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over salmon and serve!
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife