I love holidays. All of them. I don’t know if I could pick a favorite. I just love celebrating them. I always put out some seasonal decor and try to make a drink/dessert/meal themed with it. When you are cooking every night, it’s nice to have something special.
A few years ago I started making corned beef for dinner on St. Patrick’s Day. Before that I think we weren’t sure if we liked it? Well, we do. A lot.
I played around with my go-to corned beef recipe and made it Instant Pot friendly. I think it is more tender than it ever has been in my dutch oven and in WAY less time.
I set the Instant Pot to on and went and got my nails done, OPI “This Cost Me A Mint”, if you were wondering.. and came home to the most amazingly tender corned beef.
Make sure you save some leftovers for corned beef hash and I have a super delicious recipe for tomorrow to use up more leftovers!
- 3.5 lb. Uncured Corn Beef, with spice packet, Wellshire Farm brand, if available
- 4 cups of Apple Juice
- 2 cups of Water
- Place the corned beef, spice packet, apple juice and water in the Instant Pot.
- Make sure you valve is set to sealed. Set to manual and use the "+" to reach 75 minutes.
- Your pot will start coming to pressure, it takes mine about 15-25 minutes, then the time will start going down.
- When the time has elapsed. Leave the Instant Pot alone to natural release for 10 minutes. Then do a quick release to release the steam.
- Remove corned beef from juices and slice.
- Serve immediately.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife