It’s also just something different. When you make every meal at home, sometimes you want to switch it up a little bit. Okay, a lotta bit. I rarely make the same thing in a month.
Also, can we talk about tzatziki for a second? It has maybe moved up past guacamole to my favorite dip. I think I have been gone from Texas too long…. Anyway, tzatziki is a must with these meatballs, perfect for dipping. You could/should also serve this with rice, pita, and a tomato/cucumber salad to round out the meal.
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef, 85/15 or 90/10
- 1 cup of Feta, crumbled, ~4 oz.
- 2 tablespoons of Oregano, fresh & chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Parsley, fresh & chopped
- ½ teaspoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 large Egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to Broil and position rack 6 inches away from broiler.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form 32 meatballs out of heaping tablespoons and place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 minutes, flip and broil for 5 more minutes.
- Remove and place on paper towel lined plates.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife