I decided that I am not going to boycott the Super Bowl and act like it’s not happening, even though I really thought I would see my favorite team, The Dallas Cowboys in it. However, my wounds are healing and I am coming around to being excited about the Puppy Bowl and the snacks!
This popcorn is unbelievably easy and quick, obviously a big concern when you are preparing a zillion snacks. It has the savory/sweet aspect, which I love. You can add in different sprinkles and m&m’s to match your favorite team.
- 10 cups of popped Popcorn, salted
- 3 tablespoons of Butter
- 3 cups of Mini Marshmallows
- 2 cups of Peanut M&M's, in your favorite team colors
- 1 cup of Mini Chocolate Chips, milk chocolate or bittersweet
- ½ cup of Sprinkles, in your favorite team colors
- Pop your popcorn, pick out all unpopped kernels (throw away) and set the popcorn aside in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. When melted, add marshmallows and stir until just melted. Drizzle about ¾ of the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Lay the popcorn on a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper or a silpat mat. Drizzle remaining marshmallow mixture on top. Sprinkle all of the toppings on.
- Let it form together for about 30 minutes and break apart and serve. (It will still be ooey and delicious!)
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife