While I still have quite a few things to check off of my instant pot bucket list (yogurt, hard boiled eggs, rice) cooking large pieces of meat in record time until they are fall apart tender has been checked off the list quite a few times.
Each and every time I use this device, I am amazed. Dinner is ready so quickly and always tastes amazing.
This pork was rubbed down in a delicious spice mixture and Dr. Pepper was poured over it and into the pot it went. That’s it. Shockingly easy.
The pork was pulled out of the liquid, tossed with some spicy bbq sauce, and topped high onto brioche buns. And if you haven’t had a bbq sandwich with pickles and ranch drizzled on top, do it. Trust me.
- 3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Paprika
- 2 tablespoons of Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper
- 4 lbs. of Pork Butt, boneless
- ½ cup of Dr. Pepper
- ½ cup of Water
- Optional: BBQ Sauce, Brioche Buns, Pickles, Ranch Dressing
- Combine the spices in a small bowl.
- Cut the pork into 4 pieces and rub down with the spice mixture.
- Place pork inside of Instant Pot and pour Dr. Pepper & water over it.
- Put the lid on, make sure the valve is set to sealed. Press the manual button and adjust the time to 45. It will switch to On to come to high pressure and start counting down from 45 after it has come to pressure. (It took mine about 15 minutes to come to pressure.)
- After it has cooked for 45 minutes, let it naturally release for 15 minutes, then quick release to release the remaining pressure.
- Pull the pork out from the liquid and break apart any big pieces with two forks. Toss with bbq sauce if desired and serve.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife