aka the best fall appetizer.
I went to my cousin’s house, she claims “she can’t cook”, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Every time we eat there, I leave with a new recipe. She had this out for an appetizer and I was immediately obsessed. I knew I had to make this again, soon.
It was so easy to make, you bake the brie for 10 minutes, while it’s baking you chop and apple and sauté it for 5 minutes, pair with crackers and you are done!
Brie with the salted caramel (instead of the usual suspect, honey) and apples are a match made in heaven.
- 8 oz. wheel of Brie
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons of Salted Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place brie on top of a sheet pan with a silpat mat or parchment paper on it. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- While the brie is baking, place the butter, brown sugar, & apple in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the apple is softened.
- Remove brie from sheet pan with a spatula and place on serving dish. Top with sautéed apples and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Serve with crackers.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife