How is your fall bucket list coming along?
Mine is coming along quite nicely. Apple Cider Donuts, check. Trip to the farmer’s market for pumpkins, mums & hay bales, check. Corn maze, planning in progress.
With the crisp cool air and the temperatures falling at night it puts us in the mood for something warm and comforting. This is only the beginning of soups, casseroles, and slow cooker/instant pot meals.
This ravioli lasagna is so easy and extremely adaptable. You can use cheese ravioli, meat ravioli, spinach ravioli, really whatever you want! Any ravioli, frozen or fresh, will work perfectly in this meaty, cheesy, perfect sauce!
- 1 lb. of Italian Sausage
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 1 jar of Marinara Sauce
- 1 28 oz. can of Tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of Italian Seasoning
- ½ tablespoon of Red Pepper Flakes
- 20-25 oz. of Ravioli, fresh or frozen, whatever flavor you like (I use cheese!)
- 15 oz. container of Ricotta
- 3 cups of Mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup of Parmesan, grated
- Optional, for topping: Basil, freshly torn
- In a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat, brown the sausage and beef together until no longer pink. Drain grease and wipe out pot. Add the meat back in. Add the sauce, tomatoes (I give ours a whirl in the food processor), Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Cook about 10 minutes, until heated through and bubbly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
- Place ½ cup of meaty sauce on the bottom of the pan. Layer half of the raviolis (no need to cook prior, even if frozen) on top. Dollop half of the ricotta on top of the raviolis, sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella on top of that, layer with half of the remaining sauce. Repeat, ravioli, ricotta, mozzarella, sauce. Finish with remaining 1 cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40-60 minutes, until warmed through and bubbly. Broil for the last few minutes to get the cheese extra melty and browned.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife