One of our friend’s makes his wife oatmeal every single morning, when he told me this, I started thinking of ideas, overnight oats? He said she likes them fresh and warm and I realized, this is love.
While I was stirring this pot of warm oats, the comforting smells of the cinnamon and brown sugar filled the room and I suddenly had the urge to make this every day.
If you don’t have time to enjoy this oatmeal latte in your favorite morning spot, I can imagine it would be great in a travel mug.
Also, if you don’t have espresso, you can layer your cup of morning coffee on top.
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2½ cups of Milk, whole
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons of Brown Sugar, light
- 2 shots of Espresso
- Heat the oats, 1½ cups of milk, salt, and cinnamon over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally.
- Froth or steam other 1 cup of milk.
- Add ¾ cup of steamed milk to the oats. Reserve the remaining ¼ cup.
- When the oats are milky and creamy, ~10 minutes, remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and brown sugar.
- Divide oats into 2 mugs. Pour the espresso on top and top with the frothed milk.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife