This is seriously the perfect weeknight meal. You layer three things in a pan & bake, while it’s baking you whip up an easy delicious sauce. It really is a 30 minute meal and is so EASY.
This time of year our lives seem to get busy and busier. We are in a bowling league, I have volunteer meetings 1-2 times a week, and then fun blogger events. I know a lot of my friends are shuffling their kids back and forth from school to extra-curricular activities and more of these types of meals are a real necessity.
You could cut the chicken and ham into small cubes instead of using thin breasts if serving to kids.
- For the Chicken:
- 3 Chicken Breast, large, boneless & skinless or 6 cutlets
- ½ lb. of Deli Ham, sliced thin
- 6-8 slices of Swiss Cheese
- 1 cup of Panko
- 2 tablespoons of Butter, melted
- For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 2 tablespoons of Flour
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
- ½ teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ cup of Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 inch dish with cooking spray.
- Pound the chicken breast thin and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the prepared dish. Place ham and then cheese on top of each piece of chicken. Toss the panko with melted butter and sprinkle on top of the chicken. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat, add flour and whisk for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in milk and cook for 3-5 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and add in mustard, worcestershire, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper. Taste and add more salt & pepper, if needed. Keep warm and serve over chicken. (If sauce gets too thick, while waiting on the chicken to cook, whisk in a few tablespoons of milk.)
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife