More hatch chiles!
Really, in all honesty, I already made/ate all of the hatch chiles I bought a few weeks ago and rushed back to Whole Food’s and they had more! CELEBRATE.
Now, they are in my freezer, ready to go, so I will have them ALL YEAR LONG.
These drop biscuits are VERY similar to Red Lobster biscuits, but with hatch chiles. I love these biscuits, so much. I have no self control around them. I made them with this soup and it is perfect for end-of-Summer transitioning to Fall.
I always get in a rut when the season’s change, my wardrobe, my home decor, and my meal planning. I’m not good at the whole transitional period, but when I get into the swing of things, I’m full throttle.
- 2 cups of Flour
- 2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- 6 tablespoons of Butter, cold, grated
- 8 oz. of Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 Hatch Chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded & chopped
- 1⅓ cups of Buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with a silicon mat or parchment paper + cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cayenne pepper. Add in grated butter and whisk until well combined. Add in cheese. Stir in the chiles and buttermilk, until just combined.
- Drop biscuits in ¼ cup measurements onto prepared pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife