Is this a cocktail? Is this a dessert? Is this a snack? It’s up to you. (& I think it fits all 3 categories!)
For the crowd I served it to, we would drink the champagne, refill it, as needed, and eat the berries, and refill, as needed.
It is so refreshing in the summer heat. The late summer berries are so fresh right now, it was perfect.
- 1 lb. of Nectarines, cut into slices, ~3-4 medium-size
- 1 quart of Strawberries, hulled and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ pint of Raspberries
- ½ pint of Blackberries
- ⅓ cup of Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Grand Marnier
- Zest from 1 Lemon
- 1½ cups of chilled Prosecco, more, as needed
- In a medium-large size bowl, place all of the fruit. Toss with sugar, grand marnier, and lemon zest. Refrigerate, covered, for at least an hour, up to 8 hours.
- Spoon into serving bowls or glasses and top with prosecco before serving.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife