I can’t decide what the best part of this salad is.
The bacon? The strawberries? The goat cheese? The pecans? The drinkable honey balsamic dressing?
probably definitely is all of the components together, but seriously it is the last strawberry & bacon salad recipe you will ever need to try. This is it. The ultimate recipe.
You can switch out some of the ingredients to your preference. It is really good with bleu cheese substituted for the goat cheese and then topped with steak. OR, you could switch the goat cheese for feta, or leave it as is, and top with grilled chicken.
Whatever you do, make this salad.
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 8 cups of Spinach
- 1 lb. of Strawberries, sliced
- 6 slices of Bacon, cooked & crumbled
- ⅔ cup of Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ⅔ cup of Pecans, chopped
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Toss and drizzle in the dressing, to your preference!
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife