Sweet, sweet corn. I love eating corn in the summertime, raw. It is still crisp and is so sweet. It is obviously the best in season.
It is no secret that I love it. I have this corn salad recipe that I was addicted to, and I have have done plenty of crazy things with corn, as well.
We were going to my cousin’s to grill out and swim in the pool. I made this dip for our appetizer. Everyone loved it, even the kids.
It is so easy to put together, you literally just do a bit of chopping and then mix it all in a pan and bake. I think the hardest part is waiting for it to cool down to eat.
- 2 tablespoons of Butter, unsalted
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup of Mayonnaise
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
- 5 ears of Corn, corn cut off the cobb
- ½ of a Red Onion, diced
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, diced, seeds removed for less heat
- 1 lb. of Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 1 can of diced Green Chiles, 4 oz.
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of Chile Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat or stir with a wooden spoon, together the butter, cream cheese, mayo, and sour cream until smooth.
- Add all of the other ingredients, except for the chile powder and leaving some cheese for the top. Stir together until combined. Spread into a baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese and the chile powder.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is browned on top and it is bubbly.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife