Happy 4th of July weekend!
What are your plans?
We are meeting up with some of our best friends that moved from NC to Denver. I am so excited, I can barely contain it. I may or may not cry when I see her! 🙂
Usually our 4th of July plans are at a baseball game or a cookout, but this year it will be at a rooftop bar watching firework shows!
If you are having a family cookout or doing something special, whip up this dessert.
It is so delicious and perfect if you don’t have a fire pit.
- Chocolate Pudding Mix, 5 oz. package, Cook & Serve
- 3 cups of Milk, whole
- 12 Graham Cracker Squares
- ¾ cup of Mini Chocolate Chips
- Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
- ½ cup of Butter, sliced thin cold & unsalted
- ¼ cup of Butter, melted
- Mini Marshmallows, 10 oz. package
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the chocolate pudding according to directions on package using whole milk. Allow to cool in the pot for 15 minutes.
- Spread on the bottom of a 9x13 oven safe pan. Line the graham crackers on top of the pudding. Sprinkle ½ cup of chocolate chips on top of the graham crackers. Pour the dry cake mix over that. Place slices of butter from 1 stick on top of the cake mix, spread out. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven, and pour remaining butter on top, where it is not moist. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour marshmallows on top, bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- Serve warm.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife