Strawberries and watermelon just scream summer to me.
I have always enjoyed both of them in the summer, but never together. That has changed. After drinking this smoothie, I tried lots of different variations of pairing strawberries & watermelon together. They go together, like peas in a pod, especially when you add mozzarella, basil, and a balsamic vinegar glaze, but that’s another post, for another day.
I used fresh strawberries for this recipe and then added ice, but feel free to use frozen strawberries. I couldn’t bear to, because the fresh ones in North Carolina are so sweet and delicious.
This was the perfect summer breakfast for being on-the-go. I normally enjoy yogurt & berries, but sometimes I wake up late and just don’t have time to sit and enjoy breakfast, enter yogurt & fruit smoothie!
- 3 cups of Ice
- 4 cups of Watermelon Pieces
- 4 cups of Strawberries, ~12 oz.
- 2 cups of Yogurt, plain, Greek
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar, depending on the sweetness of your fruit
- Place ice in the bottom of high-speed blender. Add the strawberries, watermelon, yogurt, lemon juice, and sugar (if using.) Blend until combined well. Taste and add more sugar if necessary or an additional cup of ice for thicker consistency.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife