I first knew that I loved shrimp and sausage grilled together from this recipe. When I spotted this recipe, I knew I had to make it. I made it less than 12 hours after reading it.
Skewers always look so pretty. They look perfect on a plate and I served these with butter rice and lightly dressed greens.
Oh, and these are for when you are in a hurry. Shrimp doesn’t take long to cook and the sausage is already cooked and needs heating up + grill marks.
My husband deems this the prettiest thing he has grilled all year and I agree. The almost bursting tomatoes, charred onions, and perfect shrimp will get your mouth watering. And speaking of mouth-watering, don’t skip the extra glaze for dipping. OMG, so good.
- ¾ cup of Olive Oil
- 4 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons of Thyme, fresh
- 5 teaspoons of Smoked Paprika
- 4 teaspoons of Sherry Wine Vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper
- ½ lb. of Extra-Large Shrimp, peeled & uncooked
- 1 lb. of Cooked Smoked Sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 2-layer slices of Red Onion Wedges
- Place oil, garlic, thyme, smoked paprika, sherry wine vinegar, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a high-power blender or food processor. Process until the oil is emulsified. Transfer half of the glaze to a small bowl and reserve for serving.
- Thread the skewers, if using wooden skewers soak in water 30 minutes before use, alternately with shrimp, sausage, tomatoes, and onion wedges.
- Spray grill with non-stick spray and grill the skewers over medium-high heat for 4 minutes on each side, basting with the glaze.
- Serve with reserved glaze.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife