It is officially summer! Wahoo!
I hope it means for you the same thing it means for me, long days at the pool or beach, tanned bodies, and lots of cookouts.
After swimming all day, and before dinner is ready, if you are like me, you are starving, but want something healthy. This salsa fits the bill perfectly. It is juicy from the fruit, a touch of spice and perfect on cucumber slices (or tortilla chips.)
I deem this the perfect poolside snack, just stick it in your cooler and go!
- 2 cups of Cantaloupe, finely diced
- ¼ cup of Red Onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of Cilantro or Basil, finely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds removed, fresh and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons of Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- Cucumber or Tortilla Chips, for dipping utensil
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together and serve with cucumber slices or tortilla chips!