I am a big fan of the salty + sweet combo. I just can’t get enough. And everyone knows chocolate + peanut butter is like the best combination.
These cookies are a soft cookie and absolutely amazing right when they come out of the oven. They are still excellent at room temperature, but I pop them in the microwave for a few seconds. I am a sucker for a hot cookie and a cold glass of milk.
Simple flavors, done right. My kind of cookie.
- ½ cup of Butter, unsalted, room temperature
- ½ cup of Peanut Butter, creamy
- ¾ cup of Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- ½ tablespoon of Honey
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk, large
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Sour Cream
- 1⅓ cup of Flour
- ¾ teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¾ teaspoon of Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Sea Salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1½ cups of Mini Chocolate Chips
- First, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars in your stand mixer.
- Reduce speed to medium and add honey, eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add in the flour, baking soda, powder, and salt. When that has all been combined, add the chocolate chips in for just a few seconds until combined.
- Refrigerate dough for 30-60 minutes or freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a pan with a silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, spoon out 1 inch cookies, and place onto a pan. Bake for 9-12 minutes until slightly brown and crisp along the edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, with a spatula, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife