I love making sangria. And my favorite part about making sangria? Drinking it.
This sangria has fresh grapes and pomegranate juice along with the typical orange flavors in sangria.
It is a cinch to make and I love that you make it ahead. When I am having a party, I do as much preparation as possible the day before. Speaking of parties, this makes about 4-6 servings, so take that into consideration. Everyone loves this sangria!
- 1 bottle of fruity Red Wine, like a Shiraz
- 2 cups of Pomegranate Juice
- ½ cup of Grand Marnier
- ½ cup of Patron Orange
- 1 cup of Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup of Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 large Orange, sliced into thin slices
- 1 green Apple, sliced into thin slices
- 1 cup of red Grapes, sliced in half
- Combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and not more than 48 hours.
- Serve over ice and rim the glasses with sugar.
*To make simple syrup, heat equal parts sugar and water and stir until the sugar dissolves.
*Taste your pomegranate juice, if it is really tart, you will want to add the full cup of simple syrup. If it is sweet, you may want to add half of the simple syrup.
originally, Bobby Flay
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife