These only bake for 16 minutes.
These take less than 10 minutes to whip up.
Go make them, now!
Really, though. These are so easy and seriously delicious.
This was my first time making scones and these are actually drop scones, aka extra easy. I can’t wait to make more variations of them. You make a simple glaze while these are baking and drizzle them. Seriously, I can’t think of anything better with a cup of coffee than these.
And, by the way, if you are thinking, berries, again?! I am sorry, not sorry. I love berries. I already have a few more recipes with lots of berries to post. I just get so excited about them. I buy them at the farmer’s market and I get them in my Produce Box. It’s really the best thing, ever.
- For the Scones:
- 2 cups of Flour, all purpose
- 1 tablespoon of Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- 2 tablespoons of Sugar
- 5 tablespoons of Butter, unsalted, cold & grated
- 1 cup of Blueberries, fresh
- ½ cup of White Chocolate Chips
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1¼ cups of Heavy Cream
- For the Glaze:
- ¼ cup of Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- ½ tablespoon of Butter, melted & unsalted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan with a slipat mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add the butter and whisk until evenly distributed.
- Add the blueberries, white chocolate, and lemon, toss with a wooden spoon.
- Make a well in the center of the bowl, pour in the heavy cream, stir until just combined. Don't overwork.
- Divide the dough into 12 mounds onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes until barely golden.
- While the are baking, whisk together the lemon juice, powdered sugar, and butter, in a small bowl, until no lumps remain. Drizzle over warm scones.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife