Summer berries are in full swing around here. It is still Spring, but the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are ready!
Could you choose a favorite berry? Every time I try, I change my mind. They are all so good, I think I love them equally!
I made this recipe 2 times in one week, which is like unheard of for me. I took it to one of my friend’s for a get together and 4 people asked for the recipe. I knew I had to make it again, the second time it was just as big of a hit.
It has a creamy base with lemon zest and vanilla, you top it with this amazing mixture of berries and jam, and them dip a graham cracker in it. It is all of your favorite things about a cheesecake, in dip form. No baking, no water bath, no worrying about cracks, so easy and oh, so delicious.
- 1 lb. of Cream Cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup of Powdered Sugar
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup of Heavy Cream
- 3 cups of Berries, I use one cup of each, Strawberry, Blueberry & Raspberry
- ⅓ cup of Red Jelly
- Graham Crackers, for dipping
- Beat in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, on medium-high speed, the cream cheese and powdered sugar together for 3-5 minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to medium and add the sour cream, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and heavy cream. Mix until combined. Add more heavy cream until you get the consistency you want.
- Spread the mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the jelly at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir the berries into the melted jelly and spoon onto the cream cheese mixture.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. I also spoon the berries on top just before serving, otherwise the juices will run. The taste will be same, just prettier.
- Serve with graham crackers for dipping.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife