Welcome to Day 4 of #BrunchWeek. It is flying by! If you missed out on what is going on, check it out here and enter for some awesome prizes!
I have passed this chicken salad recipe on to more people than I can count. I realized that I had NEVER blogged it! Insane. I am sure there are more recipes like this, I will remedy them as soon as I think of them!
You can use rotisserie chicken, grilled chicken, or roasted chicken for this recipe. You toss it with a homemade (to-die for) poppyseed dressing, fresh strawberries, greek yogurt, mayo, scallions, and basil or mint. Really, it doesn’t get any better than this. Not only is it strawberry season, but it is also Vidalia Onion season. They are a little sweeter than other onions and have a great flavor. I could not wait to put them in the dressing for this chicken salad. If you can find Vidalia Onions, use them, if not, a normal white onion will work.
I know I have a bazillion chicken salad recipes on this blog, but trust me, this one is good.
You can eat this on top of a plate of greens, in a croissant, on crackers, or from the bowl. I won’t judge you.
- For the Chicken:
- 4 Chicken Breast Halves, boneless & skinless
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- For the Poppyseed Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons of grated Vidalia Onion
- ½ teaspoon of Mustard Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tablespoon of Dixie Crystals Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 2 tablespoons of White Wine Vinegar
- ⅓ cup of Canola Oil
- 1 tablespoon of Poppyseeds
- For the Chicken Salad:
- 2 tablespoons of Basil or Mint, freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Green Onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of Greek Yogurt
- 2 cups of Strawberries, chopped
- Rub your chicken breast with olive oil and liberally sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill or roast at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes until the juices run clear and the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Set aside to cool.
- For the dressing: Add the onion, mustard powder, salt, sugar, honey, and vinegar to a food processor and pulse until combined. Drizzle in the oil, until completely combined. Stir in poppyseeds.
- In a large bowl, add the basil/mint, green onions, mayonnaise, greek yogurt, strawberries, and poppyseed dressing. Chop the chicken and add to the mixture. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Check out what the other #BrunchWeek Bloggers made today:
- Aperol Cocktails by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Grapefruit Rosemary Mocktails by Sweet Beginnings
- Teh Tarik (Malaysian Pulled Tea) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
- Homemade Crumpets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Apple Cinnamon Scones with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Family Around the Table
- Cannoli French Toast by Cooking In Stilettos
- Cinnamon Cobblestone Bread by My Catholic Kitchen
- Orange Popvers by The Chef Next Door
- Pretzel Bagels with Roasted Jalapeno Cream Cheese by The Texan New Yorker
- Strawberries and Cream Sweet Rolls by The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
- Apple Fritters by The Suburban Soapbox
- Blueberry Salad with Green Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing by Love & Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
- Caramelized onion, Bacon, and Cheddar Egg Tart by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Breakfast Quesadillas with Bacon and Cheesy Eggs by Casa de Crews
- Chorizo Egg Breakfast Skillet by Brunch-n-Bites
- Crab Souffle by A Day in the LIfe on the Farm
- Picante Omlette Pie by Feeding Big and more
- Slow Cooker Ham, Cheese, and Veggie Breakfast Casserole by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
- Curried Fish Tacos by Nik Snacks
- Ham and Mushroom Strata by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Croque Monsieurs by Making Miracles
- Roman Breakfast Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Chicken Salad by The Barbee Housewife
- Spiced Marinated Lamb Lollipops by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free Citrus Pastries by Gluten Free Crumbley
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Red Star Yeast, Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Vidalia Onion Committee, Sage Fruits, Nielsen-Massey, KitchenIQ, and Le Creuset for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek. All opinions are my own.