Spring is here. The local strawberry patches are open for picking and the weather is sunny with perfect temperatures.
We sat outside on a friend’s beautiful patio for book club. She grilled chicken and steak and everyone else helps complete the meal. No outdoor girl’s meeting is complete without sangria. I created this recipe with seasonal ingredients and was thrilled with the results. It should be no surprise that I love strawberries and rosé together, evidence.
You can omit the wine, vodka, and orange juice and add the ingredients to water for a refreshing non-alcohlic version of this drink!
It is beautiful, easy, and sure to please a crowd.
- 2 bottles of a dry Rosé, 750 ml each
- 2 cups of Vodka
- 2 cups of Orange Juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 cups of Simple Syrup*
- 2 lbs. of Fresh Strawberries, stems removed & sliced
- 2 Limes, sliced
- 2 Lemons, sliced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl or pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Serve over ice.
- *You can buy simple syrup or make it yourself. To make add 2 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water to a saucepan over medium heat, stir until there are no sugar granules left. Let cool.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife