Pimiento cheese is a staple in the south. I remember going to my great-grandmother’s house and she would always have it out for a snack before the meal. I knew it was homemade and delicious.
I first got around to making it myself, 2 years ago, with this recipe. It is/was my go-to recipe. Then, I went to bunco and the hostess had the best pimiento cheese, she added jalapeños. You guys, I felt like my world had been changed. She also used sour cream, which I prefer to mayo, anyway.
Knowing that the Master’s tournament was just around the corner, I perfected a new pimiento cheese recipe. Just in time to have a pimiento cheese sandwich while watching the Masters yesterday. #basic
- 8 oz. of Sour Cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ¼ teaspoon of Onion Powder
- ⅛ teaspoon of Cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 4 cups of Cheddar Cheese, extra sharp
- 1 Jalapeño, diced (seeded or not, depending on how spicy you want it)
- 4 oz. jar of Pimientos, drained
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, overnight for best results.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife