Freshly muddled mint, crushed ice, and pretty much any other ingredients are sure to be a win for me.
The first time I remember having a mojito is at a beach restaurant. My mom, sister, and I were all sun-kissed and smitten over these drinks. I remember being in awe of the bartender muddling the mint, limes, and ice to perfection. It wasn’t long before we started growing mint in my mom’s backyard and making our own mojitos. We made a few changes, swapping rum for vodka and sprite for club soda.
Spring is finally here and the grass is turning green, gorgeous Carolina blue skies, the golf courses are looking beautiful and it is almost time for the beach. That means that golf season has officially started and the Masters tournament is this week. This drink will be the perfect drink to sip on while watching some golf or watching your kid’s play in your backyard. Whatever you do, I know you will love this drink.
- 20 sprigs of Mint, fresh
- 1 Lemon, cut into 16 wedges
- 2 cups of Crushed Ice
- 3 oz. of Vodka
- ½ cup of Lemonade
- ½ cup of Sweet Tea
- Tear the mint leaves into the base of your shaker and add 4 of your lemon wedges. Muddle until the mint is broken and all of the lemon juices have been released.
- Add the crushed ice, pour vodka on top and top with lemonade and sweet tea. Shake well.
- Do not strain, pour into 2 glasses.
- Garnish with additional lemon wedge if desired.