I bought this chicken with the intentions of making chicken salad and broth. I am so glad this chicken had other plans.
A whole chicken with crispy skin and perfectly juicy is the perfect meal.
The preparation for this chicken is so quick and easy and there is no flipping the chicken. Put it on the grill and walk away. You have an hour left to do whatever you please, entertain, make a cocktail, play fetch with your dog, whatever!
I love using this method for grilled chicken, because the beer in the can keeps the chicken really juicy and moist. It is foolproof.
- 1 can of Beer
- 1 Whole Chicken, ~ 4 lbs.
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 3 tablespoons of BBQ seasoning, your favorite
- Open beer, drink half.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove giblets from inside of chicken.
- Coat chicken with vegetable oil. Rub salt, pepper, and seasoning into chicken.
- Place the beer can on a solid surface, place bird on top of the can. Transfer chicken with beer inserted and place on the grill, with the beer can on the sitting straight up on the grates.
- Cook over indirect heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken (breast) is 165 degrees and the juices run clear.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife