There are a zillion smoothie recipes out in the blog-o-sphere and I have tried quite a few of them. I love a good smoothie packed with greens and fruit. I don’t really enjoy them for breakfast, which seems to be very popular. I prefer coffee and eggs + sautéed greens or coffee and fruit, yogurt, and cinnamon chex cereal! Around 3 o’clock, I am looking for my smoothie. It is like a pick-me-up. It is cold, refreshing, and keeps me from grabbing a sweet, not-healthy-at-all treat.
I use a frozen berry medley for this smoothie. I keep them in the freezer and I have no sadness at all when I realize I bought 20 ingredients for a smoothie and didn’t get around to making enough smoothies. It also has spinach, which is my green of choice, so I always have a bag for salads. The last ingredient is orange juice, which is also a staple in our house. I have also made this with orange & pineapple juice, also amazing!
This 3 ingredient smoothie is here to stay for my afternoon snack or your breakfast!
- 2 cups of Berry Medley, frozen, Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry or Raspberry
- 1.5 cups of Spinach
- 1 cup of Orange Juice
- ~1/2 cup-1 cup of Water, to thin out smoothie
- Place the berries, spinach and orange juice in a blender.
- Blend longer than you think necessary to get all of the seeds pureed.
- Add water in ¼ cup at a time to thin out the smoothie to desired consistency.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife