This dressing, you guys. This. Dressing.
It is so good. I mean really, just try it.
There is something really special about it, I can’t quite place it. The oregano and garlic added together have such a pungent fragrance and taste, almost spicy. I can’t get enough of it.
Oh, and speaking of oregano. I used to leave it out of recipes. I thought it didn’t have much flavor and I had no use for it. If this is you, oregano is not the problem, it’s your spice. I started using Penzey’s for my spices and I am now obsessed with oregano (and the extra fancy cinnamon, curry powder, and extra spicy crushed red pepper flakes.) I am not paid or compensated with any spices for saying this, it just really changed my life. No lie.
This is perfect to serve on a salad with a heavy meal of pasta with bolognese, lasagna, or spaghetti. It may even steal the show.
I can’t wait for summer to roll around, so I can marinate chicken in this stuff.
- 4 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano, dried
- 2 teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice, fresh, ~ 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- Add all ingredients, except oil, to a bowl and whisk together until combined. Drizzle in oil while whisking, until emulsified.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife