I try to keep a baked sweet treat around the house for my husband. It is usually cookies or a bar of some sort, because they are easy to make.
Do you remember this story? He is very resourceful when there are no sweets in the house.
Last night, the same thing happened. Well, not the exact same thing, but similar. He wanted a cake at 10:30 PM, I didn’t want to make it, and he went and made it. Of course, I ate a piece, it was homemade chocolate cake!
As soon as I had the first bite, I knew I had to blog it.
- 1½ cups of Flour, all-purpose
- 1 cup of White Sugar
- ¼ cup of Cocoa Powder, sweetened
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup of Water
- ⅓ cup of Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup of White Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking dish with Baker's Joy, butter & flour, or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center, and add the water, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Whisk together until well combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool. Sift powdered sugar on top of cake for garnish, if desired.