*phone rings* *text message received*
You, “Sounds great! Can I bring anything” “Dessert? Oh sure, no problem!”
*hang up phone* *slam head against table* *i don’t have anything to make or any time!*
Has that ever happened to you? Probably not, I am sure it is just me…
This dessert is so perfect for this particular occasion it is so easy to make and if you have cream cheese in your refrigerator (which you really ALWAYS should during the holiday season) and cool whip in your freezer (again, you really need to during the holiday season) you are set! All of the other ingredients are pantry ingredients.
We hosted our annual Gingerbread building house competition for the 5th year this past weekend. It was a blast and we lost, again. There is always next year!
This was one of the desserts I served and everyone loved it. It is easily made ahead and easily devoured, every time.
- 1 package of Cream Cheese, 8 oz.
- ¼ cup of Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup of Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Molasses
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 4 oz. of Cool Whip, ~2 cups
- Graham Crackers, for serving
- Optional: Sprinkles for garnish
- Put the cream cheese in your mixing bowl and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add the brown sugar, powdered sugar, and molasses; beat for another minute.
- Add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg; beat for another 30 seconds.
- Add the cool whip and beat for 30 seconds or until completely combined.
- Transfer to a bowl, garnish with sprinkles and serve with graham crackers.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife