I really love combining all of my favorite flavors into a bowl and enjoying them together. Chipotle? Bowl, always. Salad? The more toppings, the better. Remember this grilled farro bowl from this summer that I was obsessing over? I also have a delicious greek bowl coming your way soon. I just can’t get enough.
So, you get it, I love bowls. Next step of the story, sauteed/roasted vegetables. Olive oil imparts such great flavor and really brings out all of the natural juices, and this recipe uses bacon drippings, image how delicious that is. I have been making extra for dinner, for ever, just so I could top it with a fried egg for breakfast.
This bowl is my current favorite breakfast and like I mentioned above, make it really easy, and have sautéed kale for dinner the night before.
- 3 slices of Bacon
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced
- 16 oz. container of Baby Kale, or baby kale & baby spinach mix
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs
- First, in a large pot, cook the 3 slices of bacon, over medium, until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper plate, and discard all but one tablespoon of bacon grease in the pot.
- Now, add the garlic to the bacon grease, sauté until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kale and a pinch of salt. Cover the pot for 2-3 minutes, stir occasionally, until the greens have wilted.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir until the liquid has evaporated/soaked into the kale.
- Divide kale mixture into three bowls and crumble one piece of bacon on top of each.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil into your same pot and add one egg to each side of the pan. Cook until crispy and flip to finish cooking, or serve sunny-side up on top of the kale and bacon.
- *To store for leftovers, keep kale and bacon separate. Cook egg right before serving.
Happy Cooking, The Barbee Housewife