Guys, it never fails. When I get home from a vacation full of indulging, I can’t run to the grocery store fast enough. And then I admire all of the produce and promptly place it all in my basket. And fresh fish. Salmon, healthy! Yes, omega-3’s!
These salmon tacos aren’t the definition of clean eating, but it is a nice transition from vacationing-real life.
This salmon has all of my favorite spices, cumin, chipotle chile, and smoked paprika. It only bakes for 12 minutes, which by the way, is the perfect amount of time for chopping lettuce and tomatoes, shredding cheese, and warming tortillas.
You will have a delicious and semi-healthy dinner on your table in no time, which is also a crucial key for transitioning from no cooking at all-to cooking every meal post vacation.
I found that one 6 oz. salmon filet can fill 4 tacos! I averaged 2 tacos per person for the recipe, to get the 4 servings. Judge your crowd accordingly!
- ½ tablespoon of Smoked Paprika
- ½ tablespoon of Cumin
- ½ tablespoon of Chipotle Chile Powder or flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 12 oz. of Salmon, skin-on, cut into 2, 6 oz. filets
- 8 Tortillas, corn or flour
- Additional Toppings, if desired: Chopped Lettuce, Grape Tomatoes, Sour Cream, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the spices. Rub liberally all over the top of the salmon and the sides.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place the salmon filets in, skin-side down.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the salmon flakes away easily from the skin with a fork.
- Remove salmon from skin and build tacos.