I have fond memories of being in the kitchen with my mom, every night when she got home from work. I am sure she remembers it differently, probably me pestering her and begging for dinner to be ready. (She is probably right, in this instance.)
She would always make us a little snack to tide us over until dinner was ready, while we were hanging out in the kitchen. My favorite would be a little glass bowl that she filled up with cucumbers, vinegar and lots of salt and pepper.
I still love cucumber salad. It is a refreshing, light side dish that I can’t get enough of in the summertime. Fresh tomatoes, fresh cucumbers, and fresh dill, it doesn’t get any better than that.
- ¼ cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Dill Weed, freshly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 Cucumbers, sliced
- 1 cup of Red Onion, sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, salt, dill, and pepper. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking and whisk until well combined.
- Toss the cucumbers, red onions, and tomatoes, in the dressing and let stand for a least 15 minutes before serving.